>>>>>>DEADLINE November 15TH EACH YEAR<<<<<<
for classes starting the following summer semester
CLINICAL & ADMINISTRATIVE TRACKS
Students will be selected based on the evaluation of a portfolio of evidence to include the following:
- Masters degree with focus in specialty nursing or administration and minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0/4.0
- Receipt of two official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in United States
- For advanced practice roles:
- Current recognition as advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) by state board of nursing in a state where role is recognized.
- Click here for online APRN application.
- For nurse administrator roles:
- Current licensure as a registered nurse.
- National certification in administration, preferred.
- Additional coursework will be required if the master's degree is not in nursing.
- Click here for online Nurse Administrator application.
- Resume or curriculum vita
- Three professional references (.doc), (suggestions are from a supervisor, previous faculty or other professional reference)
- Satisfactory completion of an interview, either by phone or in person (if applicable)
- Remittance of $100 non-refundable application fee (made payable to TCU); and
- An essay addressing (1) specific personal, academic, and/or professional strengths or accomplishments and how these qualify you as a strong candidate for the TCU DNP program, (2) your interest in a clinical doctorate and how the program goals will help you achieve your goals, and (3) an overview of your proposed area of interest for your final capstone project. The essay is to be double spaced with one inch margins; Times New Roman 12 font; and, a maximum of two pages.
- Priority consideration given to applicants with at least two years experience in the post-master's role.
*All submitted materials become the property of TCU
Satisfactory completion of drug screen and background check will be required prior to beginning practicum hours.
If accepted, a $500 non-refundable deposit is due with your letter of intent to hold your position.